West Whitlawburn Housing Co-operative is fully mutual with charitable status. All of our tenants are members, and only our tenants can be members.
Membership gives the right to:
- Vote for the Management Committee
- Stand for election to the Management Committee
- Attend the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and vote on appropriate items
- Attend emergency or special general meetings
WWHC is run by a Committee of unpaid voluntary members, who are elected by the members. All Management Committee members are tenants in West Whitlawburn.
They control the Co-operative’s business by:
- Setting the policies to be followed by the staff
- Making sure that the staff carry out the legal and financial responsibilities of the Co-operative
- Allowing staff to carry out the decisions of the Management Committee and run the day-to-day business of the Co-operative
Following the 2015 Annual General Meeting our current Management Committee is:
Susan Anderson, Chairperson
Anne Anderson, Vice Chairperson
Muriel Alcorn, Treasurer
Cheryl Burnett, Secretary
Elizabeth Kerr, Helen Anderson, Muriel M Alcorn, Andy Duffin, Louise Wilson, Kirsty McElholm, June Smith, William Glover.
If you are a tenant and are interested in becoming a Committee Member, please contact the office on 0141 641 8628.